Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing # 12 Commenting

On the Blue Skunk Blog, Alan Levine was quoted as saying that "it can be more of a dialog than a sermon." Sometimes we are hesitant to blog because we don't think anyone wants to read what we have to say. However, but looking at a blog as a discussion rather than dispensing wisdom, I'm much more willing to blog. I love discussions!

Cool Cat talks about how all blog readers become a part of the blogger's life. I know from my experience on message boards, online "friends" are very real. I know from reading blogs, I feel like I really know these people. After reading how important comments are to bloggers, I plan to start commenting more.

In Google Blog Search, I typed in Gifted Children. My son was identified several years ago, and my daughter will be tested this year. While I wouldn't trade my kids for anything, parenting gifted kids certainly has unique challenges. The author of this blog has a son that sounds very much like my own. I willl be checking out Hormone-colored Days very often. http://hormonecoloreddays.blogspot.com/

One blog that I read regularly is written by one of my best friend's from high school. We don't see each other often (families require most of our time), however, when I read his blog, I can hear him telling these stories. If you need a good laugh, check out Do You See the Glory at http://www.jaxxshirts.com/blog/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the link love. Raising gifted children is a challenge! I look forward to you joining in the conversation and invite you to guest post about some aspect of parenting gifted kids. Drop me a note for details.

    ReplyDelete