Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing #15 Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the Future of Libraries

Loved the video! I hope to have the opportunity to share it with the teachers on my campus during one of our inservice meetings at the beginning of school.

As a librarian, I am completely aware of the need to integrate technology into every aspect of our curriculum. What I see happening right now is a big push to use technology just to say we used technology. Unfortunately, a lot of teachers think technology consists of powerpoint and movie maker. Our job as librarians is to get everyone on board and make them aware that there is so much more for our kids out there. Of course, this means educating our teachers, administrators, and students while working with our technology department.

My main reason for participating in this project this summer was to learn more about what is out there. I have lots of teachers that are terrified of anything beyond powerpoint and word processing. If I have a better grasp of what is available, I can persuade my teachers to "play" and find out what's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment