Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #18 Online Productivity Tools

I am familiar with google docs, and I'm working with a teacher to figure out a way to have the kids write a group essay using this tool. Again, the biggest issue is that all of my students do not have an email address. I hope we can get them all set up when school starts this year. I love the idea of them all working on the same essay while still being responsible for certain parts/information. The biggest advantage I see with google docs is that the students could access their documents from any computer at school or at home.

I have heard of Open Office, but I have never used it. I did read the info to learn more about it. This is wonderful if it is really compatible with all office products.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea about having kids write a group essay. Is your plan to have them build on the other's ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teacher that I'm working with on this project wants them to do a desert essay. We discussed assigning each group member a section-plants, animals, weather, etc. Each member is responsible for writing his or her section, but all members are responsible for proofing and editing the entire essay.

    ReplyDelete