Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing #17 Rollyo

This is one more thing I have never heard of. I can see this being extremely useful when doing research. With our 7th and 8th graders, most teachers like to give them specific sites to explore. With Rollyo, I can easily design a search engine that will eliminate all the completely useless hits that the kids might find if using google or yahoo (their two favorites).

The searchroll that I set up today was YA Book Reviews. I use Amazon when creating carts for school book orders or looking for something for me to read. By including it in a searchroll with other review sites, I could have everything right in front of me rather than going back and forth between several sites.

I will certainly be exploring this further and sharing it with my teachers and tech people.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just think this is the best invention ever?!!!

    ReplyDelete