Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing # 13 Delicious and Tagging

I have had a Delicious account for a while now, but I rarely used it until I started traveling. I discovered very quickly that every time I needed a website, it was bookmarked on my computer at the other campus. I remembered my Delicious account and life got much easier!

I looked at the other sites, and I am currently trying to decide if I should switch to one of the other sites. I need to figure out the benefits and decide if it is worth my time to make the switch.

The benefit to delicious that I've seen so far is with the tags, I instantly have research sources ready to go. If a teacher needs sites to do colonly research, all I have to do is go to my Delicious account and find the sites that I've already saved.

3 comments:

  1. I have found delicious to be useful as well because of the whole traveling thing. I also like the tags which I can totally customise. I can use a subject tag or even a teacher's name to help me organize them. It has been tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I like the idea of using a teacher's name to organize your web sites. I also thought of tagging them with the course name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of my tags are set up by courses and/or by units. For example, I have AmericanHistory and colonies.

    ReplyDelete