Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing # 11 LibraryThing

Talk about getting lost for hours! What could be more fun than a site where people talk about books!

Setting up an account was super easy, but I didn't do the profile yet. I'll do that later today. Throughout the years, I've had teacher book clubs and student book clubs. I've always thought it would be fun to have a book club that involved both students and teachers. However, I never want to take up more of the teachers' time. This site, though, would allow for a book club where we could all participate as time allows.

My own personal children have tons of books. People always want to know books to buy them, but I can't keep up with what they already have. If I will take the time to enter the books, I would have it all the books they own in my hands anytime a relative asks, "Does he/she already have this book?"

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of having a teacher/student book club on LibraryThing. I may have to steal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free! Book Club is one of the things that I dropped this year with my traveling. I certainly hope to start it back up again.

    ReplyDelete