Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing # 8 RSS Feed

I've never been a huge blog follower. If I stumble across something, I will read it. Sometimes I look at it again; sometimes I don't.

I think with the blog reader, I will be more likely to read blogs on a daily or at least weekly basis. Obviously, the education/library blogs will help me find new ideas or keep up with new books more easily. I've also subscribed to a few blogs of friends so I will be notified when they add new posts rather than having to go into their blogs individually whenever I think about it.

A lot of educators are not comfortable playing on internet. If they learn how to use rss feeds, they can still get the info they need through updates.

The biggest problem I see with rss feeds is how addictive it could be! With so many blogs out there, one could spend a lot of time reading blog updates each day!

3 comments:

  1. once I got past the newness of it all, it became less "addictive" because of my reader...I am secure in knowing that the newest info from the people I have grown to trust will be waiting for me on my schedule..no matter how long it takes me to get there!

    And the internet is where the new info is so we all need some kind of comfortable (that works for us) cnnection to it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found my RSS feed very addictive! I like going to one place and having all my blogs in one place. I like being able to do this on my phone too. I have become quite good at getting through all these posts- I try to get it down to under 100 a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I now have it set up on my phone. Great entertainment while waiting or riding in the car!

    ReplyDelete