Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing # 9 Library Blogs

I'm beginning to feel more and more comfortable with the different google tools. As a result, the Google Blog Search is the easiest one for me to use.

This is something else that I could spend hours playing with. I started on the Cool Cat Teacher Blog, then looked at some of the blogs on the blog roll. From there, I moved to another blog roll, then another. Notice a pattern here!

The blog that I am most interested in looking at more closely is A Chat with Mary: A Blog for Teachers. I can see using this when collaborating with teachers. Our campus uses United Streaming, but I'm not sure the teachers are aware of all the possibilities. I also like the way she links some of the more interesting blog posts of the day.
http://achatwithmary.blogspot.com/

I also like the way Technorati has divided the blogs into categories. Something else to explore later.

Topix is not something I will use often. There is too much on one page, so it seems overwhelming. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I don't see myself taking the time to figure it out. The other blog search sources seem more user-friendly.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about following one link after another--I just mentioned the same thing on my post today. It's easy to get carried away and forget what you were originally trying to do. I can also identify with your comment about some pages being overwheliming. At this point, I tend to choose things that are very clear and organized. I'm not in the mood to wade through things or spend time figuring it out for myself. After all--it's summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be possible for you to link that new blog you found so we all could visit it?

    ReplyDelete