Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing # 7 Cool Google Tools

I had previously toured google tools at a conference session. I have a google calendar, but I don't use it often. I still heavily rely on my dayplanner. However, for keeping up with two libraries, google calendar might be a better option. Not only could I keep straight what is going on at each campus, but I could also share it with the staff. Then, they could see when I'm available and what campus I'm at without having to track me down.

Google docs is another tool that I plan to use with my students. I have one teacher that wants to do group papers. I told her Google docs would be a fun way for the kids to work collaboratively on one paper. We didn't get around to it last year, but it is certainly on the agenda for this coming school year. Hopefully we can sit down together to explore the tool at the very beginning of the year.

2 comments:

  1. gosh, having to be in two places at once...google doc would be a huge help I think. no more worries about" where did I put that document!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google docs is great for collaboration! As one person types, it appears on the other person's screen. It's like instant messaging but for school!

    ReplyDelete